- The system is one of the few systems that has received FG approval from the insurance industry. Most insurance companies offer a discount on premiums and deductibles to boat owners with this device.
- The discount is given because the system reduces the chance of damage and theft to the boat.
IPx7 Waterproof Standard
- The system is totally waterproof. Even if the radio does not transmit underwater, the system continues to operate and runs normally afterwards.
- Certification is done by a German laboratory where the system is lowered to a depth of 1m for 30 minutes.
- The cables used are also tested and certified to IPx7.
- To our knowledge, this is the only monitoring system for boats where the system with cables and connections is IPx7 protected and certified.
- The electronics are protected with a layer of polymer. No production standards require this, but we see it as necessary for a product being used in a boat under harsh maritime conditions.
- Protective coatings and design prevent moisture and other external elements - especially salt water and crystals - from impacting the electronics, such as scratching or corrosion.
- Each input from the battery and bilge pump is protected against overvoltage and short circuit.
- Continuous monitoring and 4G data communication with SmartBoat One cloud - consider this a mobile phone plan for your boat.
- Operation and support of SmartBoat One
- Free software update, both improvements and new functionality made possible by updating the software
- Unlimited notification and alarms.
- Unlimited access and usage of data and app.
- Free sharing and use of the app with others.
Built-in SIM and data managed by Sensar Marine
- The SIM module is built-in and managed by Sensar Marine.
- This ensures that there is ongoing communication between SmartBoat One and the SmartBoat Cloud
- It gives us the opportunity to monitor that the communication is as it should be and troubleshoot if there should be any problems.
- Solutions with SIM prepaid cards and twin cards have proven not to be suitable for use in a security system, and do not receive FG approval.
- Løsninger med SIM-forhåndsbetalte kort og tvillingkort har vist seg å ikke være egnet for bruk i et sikkerhetssystem, og mottar ikke FG-godkjenning.
- The prepaid card expires without either the customer or the provider of the service being notified.
- Our 4G radio in the module is the same that used in Tesla's Model 3.
- We support several telecom operators in each country we operate.
- For Norway, this means that we use both Telenor and Telia's network. If we do not get coverage on one network, we automatically seek out other networks.
- If the trip goes to Denmark or Sweden, we support several operators in those countries as well.
- This ensures that our customers get the best coverage possible on the 4G network in each country.
- Our battery cells are from Samsung - one of the most reputable suppliers of lithium cells and similar to that used in Tesla's battery pack.
- Each battery is encapsulated in an aluminum sleeve, giving the electronics protection from over-supply of voltage or short circuiting.
- The battery pack is then incased by a plastic housing for protection against moisture and corrosion.
- The German TUV has certified the entire battery pack for use in the maritime environment.
Fire Retardant Plastic
- All plastic used in the system is fire retardant - while more costly than ordinary plastic, we believe this is necessary for safe use in boats.
- The plastic itself is certified and satisfies CE requirements for flammability
- Our cables are "tinned" - this process protects the copper wires from corrosion. While this is costly, it is very necessary to ensure their durability in a maritime environment.
- The wires themselves are 1.5mm2 - not because they draw a lot of power, but because thin wires are not suitable for use in boating electronics.
- The cables must withstand salt water and be well protected against wear and tear. A frayed cable can cause major damage, including fire in a worst case scenario.
- Inexpensive systems, that use thin cables that are neither suitable nor certified for use in boats.
- The cable footing and connectors are designed to be robust. They will not be damaged when the nut is securely tightened. Additionally, these nuts are 3 times as strong as those you can buy in the hardware store, or a boat equipment store.
Coupling to Bilge Pump
- To connect to the bilge pump, we use an industrial connection from 3M. This is filled with silicone and which makes a waterproof connection between the wires.
- Our water module is made exclusively of plastic with the electronics incased in plastic.
- When we developed the SmartBoat One, we tested many designs over several seasons. Even the best materials with acid-resistant steel have problems in the Scandinavian climate when used in boats - with salt crystals being especially problematic.
- Our final solution was to develop what has become a groundbreaking sensor - which has no exposed metals or moving components and uses very little power - to satisfy the requirements we set for measuring water in boats.
- This also gave us the opportunity to add a temperature sensor in the water module to follow temperature in the keel and warn of frost and ice during the winter.
- All data is stored continuously in the SmartBoat One cloud.
- This means that all data is stored and ready for use in the cloud.
- Should something unforeseen happen, the latest measurements are available.
- Older systems only stored data locally, and one could risk not accessing critical information when it was most needed.
Upgrading programs and systems
- To create SmartBoat One, we have used modern technical solutions.
- In addition to monitoring the boat, we monitor the system itself.
- We are constantly improving the system and regularly upgrading the software with additional functionality.
- Software upgrades happen automatically without our customers having to do anything.
- The system is made with the future in mind.
- Built into the system, there are future-oriented possibilities with expansion of wireless devices in addition to wired expansion.
- Sensar Marine continues the development and has plans for further expansion of additional modules without having to replace the main unit.
Size and Weight
Status LED lights
- Multi-GNSS receiver
- Battery 1
- Battery 2
- Bilge pump
- 8-36 V direct current
- -20°C < T < 60°C
- Height: 83 mm
- Width: 90 mm
- Depth: 28 mm
- Height: 483 mm
- Depth: 28 mm
- 4G internal antenna
- Internal antenna
- 868 mHz